Followers

Grab My Button!

Stylin' Mommies

Jessica

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hello everyone, my name is Jessica and I'm a stay at home mom to a beautiful/crazy three year old named Aven and I'm an Air Force wife. I married my high school crush and life has been crazy since the day we had our first date back in 2008. He has moved me to five different states in just a few short years and I can only imagine we will move plenty more, thats just life in the Air Force. Most recently we moved to North Dakota and lets just say I'm not a fan. Its very flat and very freezing!!! Most days the high is between -3 and 3 degrees. And with the wind chill, the temperature is usually -10. Just the other day it was -29. Not the most perfect weather to by a stylish mommie but I do my best.

I am currently 23 weeks pregnant with a very active boy. This time around my baby bump is extremely low which has made it impossible to wear my regular pants, even with a belly band. I am stuck with leggings, yoga pants and maternity pants. I found a great pair of maternity leggings at the store here on base and they have been a real lifesaver. I love flats and cute sandals but with the weather like it is here, I am really loving my studded brown boots and my leopard ugg boots. I don't wear a lot of jewelry just because my daughter loves to try to steal anything that's hanging from my neck or on my wrist. I do love my diamond earrings though that look very vintage. They are simple and classy. I love scarves!!! I have always been...well...a little top heavy and a scarf just helps me to kind of hide those. I hope I'm not the only one with that problem. When I shop, I usually go to Down East Basics, TJ Maxx and Target. I love simple, modest clothes that I can dress up or down, depending on my daily activities.

I think being a stylish mommie creates a fun atmosphere at our house. When I feel good about myself, the house seems to look a lot better. And like my husband says, a happy wife makes a happy life. Being pregnant this second time has really taken a hit on my self esteem. This last summer I lost most of my hair due to chemotherapy. In my eyes, looking pregnant and being bald was the worst it could get. I have learned a great lesson on the importance of feeling good about myself no matter how I look. And now I am kind of having fun with the short, funky hair style I have. I've adapted to a much more simple look because I know its so much more me. I have often tried to do the very dressy look on a regular basis and I find it quite exhausting. I'm a mommie and wife first and I am really happy with that. Thanks so much Jamie for creating such a great blog for moms to come and celebrate all kinds of different looks and styles! It's really inspiring and uplifting to know that moms can be stylish, even if it's just for a trip to the store!!! Xoxo!!!






Shirt: Down East Basics
White long sleeve: Old Navy Maternity
Leggings: BX here on base
Boots: TJ Maxx
Scarf: gift

*Don't forget to enter the Vault Denim Giveaway!  Today is the last day.  The winner will be announced tomorrow morning.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 24, 2013. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “Jessica”

  1. You seriously are one of the cutest prego ladies ever!!! I love your outfit...gives me inspiration being pregnant myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I love the shirt with the boots and leggings. Also, I think that your hair is super cute short. I can't imagine doing chemo and pregnancy in one year! YOu are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I wish I would have looked this cute when I was pregnant!

    ReplyDelete