Followers

Grab My Button!

Stylin' Mommies

Going Short

Monday, July 22, 2013

Hi Mamas!  Jaana here, from ThisMomsGonnaSnap.com, to talk to you about hair.  Long hair has definitely been all the rage. Ombré styles and beach waves are still rockin’.  Topknots are practically a blogger staple. I, personally, was really enjoying my little topknot - before I got the urge.  If you've had short hair, you’ll probably know what I’m talking about.  This urge comes on suddenly, like overnight.  And then it’s like you can’t get rid of your hair quick enough!

I spent a good month thinking about cutting my hair again before I actually did it.  I had been growing it out for over 2 years, so I wanted to make sure I was ready to part with my longer locks.  When I realized I couldn't get these short haircuts off my mind, it was time to take the plunge.  I wanted to go big or go home so I went for a pixie cut - the shortest my hair has ever been.

About a week before my appointment, my stomach was in knots.  All my self-doubts came to the surface.  Short hair would show off my pimples, my wrinkles, my double chin.  This was a huge mistake waiting to happen!!  But sometimes when I’m lacking in confidence, I have to fake it ‘til I make it.  So I walked into that salon, head held high, took a deep breath and had her lop off my thick ponytail.  At that point, I think my stylist was more nervous than I was!

I have been enjoying my new summer cut immensely.  Sure, when I first wake up in the mornings, I look like a teenage boy.  But it’s given me so much more freedom - time to play with my make-up, accessories, and feminine details, I don’t feel like a boy for long. I actually feel sassy and daring, even though I’m hardly either of those things.  Looking forward to the rest of a carefree summer (do those exist anymore?) and I plan on keeping this pixie ‘do well into the fall and winter!



Some people like short hair more than others, it’s not for everyone.  (Luckily my husband is my biggest fan.)  But if you've ever thought about going short, I say do it!!  You only live once, as they say!  Besides, it’ll always grow back…

This entry was posted on Monday, July 22, 2013. You can leave a response.

10 Responses to “Going Short”

  1. i liked it long but i think it is cute short, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it short! I think you can totally pull it off cuz you have such a beautiful face. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! It is a really nice look on you! I think it's even better than the long hair because, as you said, it's daring.

    I got the same urge about four months ago; all 12 inches, gone for a choppy shoulder-length I loved. And now it's growing again and I'm enjoying this process as well.

    xo,

    Ana Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my short hair! So quick and easy! And I get compliments ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pixie cut! It looks great on you!
    http://janelleinreallife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been the same way for awhile. When my six-year-old was 1 1/2 I cut all my hair off about the same as yours and I loved it! My husband alas did not. I've said again recently that I want to cut it short again and he told me that he would like it this time (maybe because I will be forced to fix it instead of putting it in a ponytail, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are ROCKING that hair cut! I can see why your hubby is your biggest fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean! I just cut mine after 3 years of growing it out. I didn't go as short as you did but I have in the past. It was my husbands favorite cut too! It looks awesome on you. And I agree, I feel much sassier with it short than I do long ;)

    ReplyDelete